Types of Migraines | West Fargo Chiropractor Near Me
Migraines are debilitating and one of the most common complaints from millions of Americans. However, the right chiropractic care can help you recover from different migraines, so you can feel your best and improve your well-being. At Pinnacle Chiropractic and Rehab, our West Fargo chiropractor can help treat migraines that might impact your quality of life. If you're looking for a chiropractor near me to help you recover from migraines, read below to learn about the different types and how we can help treat them.
Types of Migraines
There are two main types of migraines, episodic and chronic. Episodic migraines are headaches that occur less than 15 days a month, while chronic migraines come with symptoms more than 15 times a month. Chronic migraines can be further classified into subtypes, those without aura, where the pain is located on one side of the head, and those with aura, which feature visual disturbances.
Symptoms of Migraines
Migraines can come with various symptoms, and the severity can vary from person to person. Some common symptoms include:
- Severe headache on one side or both sides of your head
- Pain increases with physical activity or when you move your head
- Nausea or vomiting
- Sensitivity to light and sound
- Blurred vision and loss of balance.
While everyone is different, the symptoms typically last from 4 to 72 hours.
Chiropractic Care for Migraines
At Pinnacle Chiropractic and Rehab, we offer complete relief from migraines using various chiropractic care services. First, our West Fargo chiropractor will perform an initial consultation to determine the cause of your migraine, so he can create a personalized treatment plan tailored to your needs. Then, we will offer chiropractic care depending on the type of migraine you're suffering from, and this care can include:
- Spinal Manipulation – In other words, a chiropractic technique that helps correct spinal imbalances and misalignments. This technique can help reduce pressure on nerves and muscles in the neck, which in turn can relieve pain from migraines.
- Soft Tissue Therapy – This therapy uses physical means to manipulate soft tissues like muscles, ligaments, and tendons in the neck and head. This manipulation can help improve blood flow, reduce inflammation, and alleviate pain from migraines.
- Lifestyle Counseling – A component of chiropractic care that helps patients understand the connection between their lifestyle habits and the frequency of their migraine episodes. We provide lifestyle counseling to ensure our patients have the proper practices to keep migraines at bay.
Find Relief from Migraines Today
If you're looking for a chiropractor near me to help with your migraine symptoms, contact us today at Pinnacle Chiropractic and Rehab. Our West Fargo chiropractor will be happy to discuss how we can help you find relief from different types of migraines. Call us today at (701) 532-1699 to schedule your appointment!